Power and Utilities
From strategic planning to project implementation, our experts deliver full-service consulting and engineering solutions for advanced transportation technologies, clean fuels and sustainable fleet initiatives.
The transportation sector is a significant contributor of greenhouse gas emissions in the United States, with wide ranging environmental, health and economic impacts. But a confluence of factors – from regulatory mandates and public funding investments to the value and efficiency of renewable fuels and the advancement of new technologies – is helping to accelerate the transition to cleaner, alternative fuels and zero emissions vehicles (ZEV) for major commercial and government fleets as well as individual consumers.
Average ZEV funding expected annually for the next five years
Amount of grant funding we have secured for our clients
Application success rate in securing grant funding
With a legacy spanning over three decades, TRC is driving transformative change within the transportation landscape, working with businesses, utilities, government and communities to deliver comprehensive solutions for clean fleet and sustainable fuel projects, programs and policies.
Our experience includes:
- Medium and heavy-duty commercial transportation
- Transit systems – Rail and Bus
- Ports and goods movement
- Natural gas, electric vehicle (EV), hydrogen, propane, biofuels and other renewable fuels
- Clean fuel and EV charging infrastructure and corridor development
- Grant funding and incentives
- Regulatory compliance
- Transportation and supply chain logistics
- Stakeholder education and events
- Customer incentive programs / Community outreach
- Power system engineering and upgrades
- Renewable engineering and integration studies and services
- Civil and structural engineering
Our comprehensive strategic consulting solutions are tailored to help you establish and realize the evolution of clean fleet transportation, aligning seamlessly with your economic and sustainability objectives.
- Market & Regulatory Positioning
- ZEV Fleet Planning Analysis
- ESG / Sustainability / Equity Strategy
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Customer Education / Community Outreach
- Policy & Regulatory Support
- Site Selection
Technical Demand Planning
We help you assess the market landscape for clean transportation and energy products with services from demand forecasting to technology selection.
- Demand Forecasting & Planning
- ZEV Emissions Reduction Planning
- ZEV Timeline & Prioritization
- ZEV Technology Selection
Leveraging our expertise and knowledge of funding incentives and policy, we help you maximize the financial benefits of advanced vehicles and clean fuels.
- Federal Funding Initiatives
- Utility Incentive Funding
- ZEV Funding & Incentives
- Policy & Issue Advocacy
- ZEV Funding Opportunity Tracking & Applications
Our team of experts will guide you through the intricate feasibility challenges that can often occur with clean transportation projects, ensuring the seamless progression of your initiatives.
- Environmental Planning & Permitting
- Encroachment and Development Permitting
- Surveys / Easements / Right-of-way
- Landowner Negotiations
- Power System Studies
- Capacity Expansion Planning
- System Optimization
- Injection Studies
- Regulatory & Compliance
Our expertise in power system engineering, utility and regulatory standards and civil and structural design help you drive towards cleaner and more efficient fleet transportation.
- Power System Engineering / Upgrades
- Civil & Structural Design
- Solar/Electrical Design
- Battery Energy Storage Design
- Microgrid Design
- Energy Management Systems
- Engineer of Record
Our proficiency in construction management, project management, safety oversight and quality control serve as a cornerstone for effectively implanting and realizing your vision of clean fleet transportation.
- Construction Management & Planning
- Owners Engineering
- Project Management
- Testing & Commissioning
- Performance Testing & Monitoring
- Quality Assurance / Quality Control
- Safety Management
- Field Data Collection Capabilities and Tools
Ongoing Project Support
Our comprehensive suite of services empowers clean fleets with holistic and unwavering project support throughout the entire lifecycle.
- Field Data Collection
- Vegetation Management
- Funding Program Reporting
- ZEV / Infrastructure Monitoring & Maintenance
- Regulatory & Compliance Reporting
- Asset Management
- Customer Incentive Programs
- Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS)
- Load Monitoring
- Grid Maintenance
- Stakeholder Engagement & Events
Featured Clean Transportation Projects
- DTE Energy: Renewable Natural Gas Transportation Program for Fleets
- EV Charge SF Program
- PG&E: EV Fleet Program
- San Diego Gas & Electric: Power Your Drive for Fleets Program
- San Diego Metro Transit System: Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) Electric Bus Recharging Bay
- Xcel Energy: Evaluation Pilots for EV Fleet and Public Charging Programs
- Advanced Energy Solutions and Programs
- Creative & Events
- Electric Utilities
- Funding & Incentives: Clean Transportation Projects
- GNA, a TRC Company: Clean Transportation & Energy Consultants
- Infrastructure Services
- Policy & Regulatory Support: Clean Transportation Policy and Regulatory Compliance
- Renewable Energy Development
Looking for effective solutions to your problems?
Turn to the experts at TRC.