Environmental Site Assessment
Reviewing current and historical information to evaluate the environmental risk of acquiring, leasing or divesting of property to support.
Phase I Environmental Site Assessment (Phase 1 ESA) identify Recognized Environmental Conditions (RECs) pursuant to the ASTM standard by evaluating activities involving hazardous substances, current and historical site use, existing environmental reports and data and other historical information. The purpose of the report is to assess if the current or historic property uses pose a threat to the environment and/or health.
By obtaining a Phase I ESA prior to a property transaction, a potential purchaser of property, a potential tenant of property, an owner of property, a lender or a property manager can satisfy one of the requirements to qualify for the innocent landowner, contiguous property owner or bona fide prospective purchaser limitations on CERCLA liability.
Our team has performed thousands of Phase I ESAs for a variety of clients including lending institutions, real estate developers and buyers and sellers of industrial and commercial properties. Our Phase I ESA professionals and TRC’s Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team provide our clients with a high quality, thorough and detailed assessment designed to limit future environmental liability, and to satisfy due diligence and innocent purchaser defense requirements. TRC has hundreds of professionals across North America and internationally that can quickly scope and execute Phase I ESAs for companies, financial institutions, private equity firms and legal advisors.
TRC can provide comprehensive due diligence services:
- Preliminary Assessment Reports for New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
- Massachusetts Licensed Site Professionals (LSPs)
- Aerial Photography, Videography, and Mapping
- Agency Consultations and Negotiations
- Conceptual Civil Engineering Services
- Preliminary or Supplemental Investigation and Remediation Costing (Short and Long Term)
- Visual Impact Assessments and Simulations
- Water Supply and Irrigation Alternative Assessments
- Permitting Strategy and Agency Consultations
- Environmental Constraints Analysis
- Funding and Grant Support
- Civil Engineering – Final Design
- Hazardous Building Materials Surveys (ACM, LBP, PCBs)
- Storage Tank Inspections
- Vapor Intrusion Assessments
- Hydrogeologic Investigations (Water Supply/Irrigation)
- Subsurface Investigations
- Indoor Air Quality Assessments
- Environmental Data Management
Looking for an effective environmental site assessment company?
Turn to the experts at TRC.