Revised effective 12/31/20
- Information that we receive from you when you interact with our Services;
- How we use and process the information that we receive; and,
- If and why personal information may be disclosed to third parties.
When you provide personal information to us, we take steps to protect the privacy and confidentiality of that information. We may collect the following categories of information from and about you:
- Identifiers, such as your name, online identifier, IP address, email address or other similar identifiers.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as your name, address, or telephone number.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as your interaction with our website.
- Geolocation data, such as your physical location if you have enabled location services on your device.
Information Provided by You. We collect information you voluntarily provide to us. Completing a contact form is an example of how you may be voluntarily providing us with personal information. Information provided in this manner (e.g., your email address) will not be used for commercial purposes, and TRC will not sell or otherwise distribute your email address to any third party.
Information from Other Sources. In certain circumstances, we may obtain information about you from other sources. In particular, we obtain phone numbers that are publicly available on the Internet and from third party sources such as our vendors or acquaintances that we have in common. We may use these phone numbers to reach out to you via text for recruitment purposes, or, if you are a vendor, for business opportunity purposes. We may also receive your information when you attend industry events or conferences.
Use of Information Collected
We may use the information we collect from you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services.
- To better understand how users access and use the Services, and to improve the Services.
- To respond to inquiries.
- To reach out for recruitment purposes.
- For other legitimate business purposes.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information
We may share or disclose your information to the following categories of third parties and for the following reasons:
- To third party service providers, agents or independent contractors who help us maintain our Services and provide other administrative services to us.
- We may share your personal information in the course of any reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcies and sales of all or substantially all of our assets.
- We may disclose your personal information to law enforcement, government agencies, and other related third parties, in order to comply with the law, enforce our policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, security or safety.
- We may share your information in an aggregated form – that is, in a statistical or summary form that does not include any personal identifiers – with third parties in order to discover and reveal trends about how users like you interact with our services.
TRC uses industry standard security measures to protect the information under our control, including firewalls and other security measures. Although the inherent dangers of the Internet means we cannot guarantee the protection of your information against loss, misuse, or alteration, TRC takes steps to protect your personal information. If we learn of a security systems breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services.
California Privacy Rights
California residents have the following rights:
Right to Know – You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you, as well as the categories of sources from which such information is collected, the purpose for collecting such information, the categories of third parties with whom we share such information, and information about our sale or disclosure for business purposes of your personal information to third parties.
Right to Delete – You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
Right to Opt-Out of Sale – You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information to third parties. Please note that TRC does not “sell” your personal information, as that term is defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018.
Right to Non-Discrimination – You have the right to not be discriminated against for exercising any of these rights.
If you would like to exercise one or more of the above rights, please contact us via email at email@example.com. We may need you to provide additional information to verify your request, such as providing certain data elements so that we can confirm they match the personal information already maintained by us. We will not use this additional information for anything other than handling your request. You may designate an authorized agent to make a request in certain circumstances on your behalf. Authorized agents will be required to provide proof of their authorization, and we may also require that the relevant consumer directly verify their identity and the authority of the authorized agent. We will endeavor to respond to all such requests within forty-five (45) days, although there may be a brief delay in processing a request while we verify that the request is valid and originates from you as opposed to an unauthorized third party. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign the personal information collected via the Services.
If you have any questions about this statement or our handling of personal information, please use the contact information provided above.
TRC respects the privacy of visitors to this website. We may record certain usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to this website. If we use such data at all, it will be on an aggregate basis, and we will not disclose to third parties any information that could be used to identify you personally, other than as required by law.
If you voluntarily submit information to our website, we may record and use personally identifiable information, such as your name, phone number and e-mail address, for reasonable business purposes, including, without limitation, fulfilling your request. We will not use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose without your permission, other than as required by law.
We may use service providers to operate our website and perform other work on our behalf, such as sending and receiving postal mail and e-mail. These persons may have access to the personally identifiable information you submit through the website, but only for the purpose of performing their duties. These persons are not authorized to use your personally identifiable information for any other purpose.
We will not provide any personally identifiable information to any other persons, except if we are required to make such disclosures to the government or private parties in connection with a lawsuit, subpoena, investigation or similar proceeding or by law. We can (and you authorize us to) disclose any such information in those circumstances.
Please send us a note.