Precast/Prestressed Concrete Fabrication Inspection
Precast and prestressed concrete products have become an integral part of today’s construction industry. The quality, durability and safety of these products can only be ensured through rigorous quality assurance inspections, test practices and procedures.
Our plant inspectors are equipped with the latest digital technology to document their inspections and quickly disseminate their reports on your behalf. Our engineers and inspectors typically represent our clients in a technical support role. As such, we are responsible for performing a host of tasks that include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring adherence to approved plant QA/ QC programs
- Observing that production methods adhere to applicable standards and specifications
- Verifying that appropriate sampling and testing is performed by plant personnel
- Recommending acceptance/rejection of products that deviate from specification
- Verifying appropriate certification of materials to be
- Ensuring the proper calibration of equipment
- Inspecting product storage and shipping procedures
- Verifying tension calculations and monitoring
- Providing independent assurance support / audit services
- Inspecting prefabricated forms, rebar, cable and inserts to plan specifications
- Inspecting dimensional assurances, chamber measurements and skew verification after fabrication
To carry out these services, TRC offers the ability to resource concrete plant fabrication inspection throughout the Americas and globally, if warranted. Our associated staff offer one or more of the following respected credentials from the Precast Concrete Institute (PCI), American Concrete Institute (ACI) and the Society for Protective Coatings (SSPC):
- PCI Level 2 & 3 Inspector
- ACI Grade I Concrete Field Technician
- SSPC Concrete Coatings Inspector 2
TRC’s fabrication inspection staff remain up-to-speed with the ever-changing standards through continuous involvement in professional societies and active participation in certification programs. Additionally, we provide comprehensive in-house training and rigid QA protocols to ensure that our inspectors maintain their achieved competencies.
Looking for effective solutions to your problems?
Turn to the experts at TRC.