Comprehensive emission testing and ambient air quality monitoring services that support operational and compliance objectives.
Air quality measurements are crucial for determining levels of pollution and maintaining compliance with regulations. TRC provides comprehensive emission testing and ambient air quality monitoring services using state-of-the-art technology to support clients’ operational and compliance objectives. Our services are available across the United States, offering expertise in air measurement projects and programs to cost-effectively meet your project needs.
Each Client Can Expect:
- Best-in-class safety performance
- Hands-on involvement from national leaders in air measurement who are familiar with their industry and the applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Technology-driven solutions that streamline project schedule and cost
- Quality assured results
TRC's TECH-ENABLED REPORTING
Late service reports from vendors are stressful and compromize the ability to meet regulatory deadlines. TRC guarantees our digital reports delivered in 5 days or less after completion of field work.
Click to learn more!
Air Emission Testing
TRC’s Air Measurement Services practice has helped clients from every industry solve air pollution measurement challenges for over 40 years. Our practice has one of the world’s largest teams of dedicated emission testing professionals, extensive equipment resources and the most complete geographic coverage of the domestic US.
This depth and breadth of resources translates into high-quality, cost-effective client service by:
- Reducing travel costs by locating resources within close geographic proximity of the majority of US emission sources
- Leveraging our buying power to capture the best available pricing from subcontract laboratories, equipment vendors and other suppliers
- Accommodating schedule requirements with our extensive personnel and equipment resources
Our project managers average more than 20 years of professional air emission testing experience and understand that the real cost of an emission testing project far exceeds the price the testing firm charges. Accordingly, we rely on a true project management model to deliver technically sound services on time and within budget.
We have made significant investments in quality management programs, earning certification or accreditation from the California Air Resources Board (CARB), the Louisiana Environmental Laboratory Accreditation Program (LELAP) and the Stack Testing Accreditation Council (STAC)/American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) .
Safety is the first priority at TRC. We maintain an industry leading experience modification ratio (EMR) and we operate our fleet of vehicles and mobile laboratories in full compliance with Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements.
Our team of experts can design and implement an emissions testing program that provides defensible data of documented quality for applications ranging from process optimization, to regulatory compliance demonstration, to litigation support.
Ambient Air Monitoring Services (Meteorological Monitoring)
TRC’s Ambient Air Quality and Meteorological Monitoring group offers a range of measurement services that support compliance, air quality permit applications and demonstrate the absence of impacts associated with facility or remediation operations.
Service offerings are highly customizable and tailored to specific client needs include:
- Network site selection, design, installation, operation and maintenance
- Quality assurance support including independent system and performance audits
- Meteorological monitoring (wind speed, wind direction, temperature, relative humidity and precipitation)
- Data validation, analysis and interpretation
- Odor diagnostics
- Prevention of Significant Deterioration (PSD) permitting support
- Criteria and hazardous air pollutant monitoring
- Remediation site perimeter monitoring
- Litigation support
- Preparation of monitoring and quality assurance plans
- Automated gas chromatography systems for continuous measurements of hazardous air pollutants
- Direct reporting of monitoring data to client and agency databases
- Deployment of web-based applications to provide near real-time data via restricted website
Boiler & Heater Combustion Tuning Services
40 CFR 63 Subpart DDDDD, commonly known as the Boiler Maximum Achievable Control Technology (MACT) rule requires major-source facilities to perform periodic tune-ups on their boilers and process heaters in an effort to reduce hazardous air pollutant (HAP) emissions. What many owners and operators overlook is that this regulation delivers major fuel cost savings per boiler or heater.
In fact, the simple payback from tuning can amount to tens of thousands of dollars, annually, per combustion source. In addition, realized savings can be even greater by adopting boiler and heater tune-ups as a best management practice.
TRC’s Combustion Services group serves all 50 U.S. states and performs tune-ups in accordance with U.S. Department of Energy (USDOE)-recommended practices. Our team of highly experienced combustion engineers have performed these services on hundreds of boilers and process heaters in a wide variety of industries, including petrochemical and refining, natural gas, pulp and paper, forestry products, utilities, manufacturing, hospitals, universities and greenhouses, among many others.
We can provide program auditing services to ensure your company’s practices comply with the requirements of the Boiler MACT Rule, and can also train your staff to maintain boilers and heaters internally.
Looking for effective solutions to your problems?
Turn to the experts at TRC.