ELECTRICAL AND POWER
Protection and Controls
Design, engineering and compliance solutions for critical, high-risk substation and system protection challenges from a partner you can trust.
As utilities continue to invest in system upgrades to support reliability and resiliency, substation modernization efforts that include robust protection and controls and high-tech automation functionality is essential. However, as the trend toward outsourcing engineering capabilities also continues, you need a partner you can rely on to successfully complete these critical and often high-risk projects.
From conceptual design through final commissioning, TRC provides turnkey solutions for all your substation and system protection challenges. We work as an extension of your own staff to support standards development, new substation installations and additions or modifications to existing stations and systems. Our engineers are well versed in our clients’ standards and preferred practices, facilitating efficient project start up, smooth project execution and high-quality results.
We deliver support at any level to match your unique needs and team structure. From strictly design services, to full Engineering, Procurement and Construction support and Owner’s Engineering solutions, you can rely on TRC to help you achieve your goals.
Our Protection and Controls and System Protection Experience Includes:
- Application Analysis
- Protection and Control Equipment Specification and Procurement
- Design Documents and Calculations
- Facility and Compliance Studies
- Fault Analysis and Coordination Studies
- Detailed Schematics
- Detailed Wiring and Cable Design
- Relay and Control Cabinet Design
- Protective Relay Settings
- Settings Calculations and Studies
- Short Circuit Analysis and Modeling
- Substation Automation, Integration and Communications
- RTU, DFR and SER Design
- Smart Grid Applications
- IEC 61850 Applications
- Distributed Generation Impact Studies
- Quality Control Services
- Program Management
- Owner’s Engineer
Looking for effective solutions to your problems?
Turn to the experts at TRC.