Modern protection and control systems using the latest communication technology and protocols to deliver reliable, cost-effective solutions.
Substation automation involves implementing modern protection and control systems using advanced communication technology for reliable and cost-effective solutions.
TRC has extensive experience designing, implementing and commissioning automation and integration systems into new substations as well as retrofitting existing sites. We have provided substation automation for many clients in distribution and transmission as well as hydro, wind and nuclear generation sectors.
The automation and communications engineering team designs and configures integrated, multi-vendor systems of any scale using RTU’s, HMI’s, PLC’s, data concentrators, relays and more.
Our Services Include:
- Project Management
- Systems Integration
- Clearly-defined Specifications
- Documentation of Existing Systems
- Modification and Upgrade of Existing Systems
- Design and Integration
- Standards and Technical Manual Development
- Design, Installation and Commissioning of:
- Protection and Control Systems
- Automation and Communication Systems
- Data Concentrators, Multiplexers, RTUs, PLCs, HMIs, Annunciators and other Automation/Communication Equipment
- Network and Physical Security (NERC CIP)
- Inter/Intra-substation Communications:
- IEC 61850, TCP/IP, DNP 3.0, FTP, & SEL Mirrored Bits
- MODBUS, Profibus, Conitel, Landis & Gyr 8979, etc.
- Microwave Radio Systems
- RF Systems (Licensed and Unlicensed)
- Fiber Optic/SONET Systems
- HMI/GUI Designs
Looking for effective solutions to your problems?
Turn to the experts at TRC.