Physical Security and Emergency Management
Protecting the people, places and critical assets that keep the world running.
TRC’s Physical Security and Emergency Management practice provides threat and vulnerability assessments, security plans, design, training, exercises and disaster recovery support to utilities, state and local government, K-12 and higher education institutions, event venues, medical and research centers, transportation, water treatment plants and other critical infrastructure.
There have always been hazards; no critical industry or operation is without risk. Today’s threatscape is dynamic with social unrest. Political instability, climate change, rise of extremist groups and ideologies have resulted in an unprecedented number of attacks on everything from the power grid to seats of government, schools, critical manufacturing facilities and other targets, as active shooter attacks have tragically become regular occurrences.
TRC’s Security & Emergency Management practice has earned an 87% repeat business ratio, which means clients have ongoing trust in our ability to support them and their goals.
Whether you are meeting regulatory requirements, recovering from an incident or are being proactive in implementing security and emergency preparedness measures, comprehensive, objective assessments and customized solutions developed through a collaborative approach can defend against these threats, reduce risk, respond and recovery quickly should an incident occur. TRC’s Security and Emergency Management team will be your trusted partner in meeting the security and emergency response challenges of today and into the future.
Team Experience & Qualifications
With decades of combined experience, and one of the highest rates of professional certifications in the industry, TRC’s team brings a level of expertise to your project that is unparalleled. Drawing from a wide range of professional backgrounds, our diverse team provides perspectives that bring insight and best practices to understand your goals and craft comprehensive solutions.
In addition to security and emergency management credentials, TRC’s team also has in-house expertise with engineers (including blast analysis), architects, geologists, FEMA grant specialists, former military, municipal officials and more.
The team holds a range of certifications, including:
CPP – Certified Protection Professional
PSP – Physical Security Professional
CEM – Certified Emergency Manager
BPATS – Best Practices for Antiterrorism Security
CFE – Certified Fraud Examiner
CEDP – Certified Emergency Disaster Professional
NCARB – National Council of Architecture Registration Board
HAZWOPER – Hazardous Waste Operations
FSO – Facility Security Officer
APP – Associate Protection Professional
MEP – Master Exercise Practitioner
HSEEP – Homeland Security Exercise & Evaluation Program
CFI – Certified Forensic Interviewer
CPTED – Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design
RA – Registered Architect
PE – Professional Engineer
PG – Professional Geologist
ALICE – Alert, Lockdown, Inform, Counter, Evacuate
CBRN – Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Specialist
- Threat and Vulnerability Assessments
- Building, Site and Campus Security Planning
- Security Technology Engineering and Design
- Evaluation of Video Surveillance and Video Analytics – Processes and Technologies
- Perimeter Security, Access Control and Situational Awareness
- Resilience Evaluations (Intentional Acts, Natural Hazards and Technological Threats)
- Security Policy and Procedures
- Explosive/Blast Analysis, Ballistic Hardening, Radiological/Chemical/Biological Protection
- Regulatory Compliance Audits, Implementation and Gap Analysis for Regulatory Frameworks/ Standards for Physical Security and Emergency Management (Including but Not Limited to: NERC-CIP, CFATS, MTSA, PHMSA, TSA and CTPAT)
- Customized Security Training and Awareness Programs
- Mass Notification Systems and Processes
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
- Emergency Management, Planning, and Training (Including FEMA/NIMS ICS)
- Incident Management Training and Exercises (Tabletops and Full-scale Exercises)
Looking for effective solutions to your problems?
Turn to the experts at TRC.