It has been a challenging couple of weeks cross the US as we all grapple with the uncertainty caused by COVID-19. It is critical in times like these that TRC remains focused on what truly matters; the health and well-being of our employees, clients, partners and communities. Together we will weather this storm.
As part of our commitment to our full TRC Community, we have enacted our Pandemic Preparedness Plan and are making it available to all here. We are vigilantly monitoring this evolving situation and are following all appropriate safety procedures as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and local, state and federal authorities. We have a dedicated team and action plans in place to quickly respond to changing conditions. Their main priority is to keep TRC operating safely to serve the needs of our customers and our employees. Here are a few of the many ways we’re keeping our team safe:
- TRC has suspended all non-essential travel through April 30th, only travel in direct support of a client is permitted.
- Employees who do travel to support our client projects are monitored closely and any employee who is exposed to COVID-19 or who displays symptoms of COVID-19 will self-quarantine.
- We have expanded our support of remote work, including investing further in our technology and systems to support the full company in a remote setting.
- Where our offices are open, we are limiting the number of employees allowed in the office and we have enhanced our office protocols to ensure we provide the healthiest work environment possible. This includes launching an awareness campaign including posters from the CDC with guidance on best practices around sanitary practices, additional stock of hand sanitizer, wipes, etc. available to all office inhabitants and regular cleaning of all common areas.
- In general, we continue to educate our employees on, and emphasize the importance of, proper hygiene activities as well as social distancing and self-quarantine when appropriate.
- We have launched an internal COVID-19 portal which houses all pertinent information for reference 24/7 by our staff. This includes all safety measures, important contact information, links to COVID-19 relevant sites such as the CDC and WHO, copies of our Pandemic Preparedness Plan, our Crisis Management Plan etc.
- We have daily Crisis Management conversations to ensure that these measures are reviewed and adapted as appropriate given the continuing changes around COVID-19.
We are taking these steps because it is the right thing to do and it is in the best interest of the entire TRC Community. This is a global issue which threatens each of us, our families, our communities, our businesses and beyond. The TRC team is committed to you; our clients, partners and vendors, as we all navigate these changing times together. Our footprint is nation-wide, our teams are connected remotely and we are here to support you and respond to your needs; helping you to navigate challenging times and changing conditions. Our vision statement says it all “We will solve the challenges of making the Earth a better place to live – community by community and project by project.”
Stay safe and thank you for being part of the TRC Community. Should you wish to stay abreast of any changes in TRC’s COVID-19 response, please follow us on LinkedIn.
Christopher P. Vincze
Chairman and CEO