NGL Pipeline Engineering and Design
Pipeline and facility engineering, plus design and procurement support for product transportation and upgrading.
A large integrated midstream company required engineering support for the development of 580 miles of 20-inch NGL pipeline in Texas to transport liquid hydrocarbons to a connecting system, then onto a processing facility in Texas.
This project connects to existing liquid NGL supplies near Skellytown, Texas and proceeds southeast to fractionation facilities located in Mont Belvieu, Texas. We provided a suite of solutions that enabled the client to work with one contractor, thus having limited points of contact and increased efficiency in schedule and budget.
We provided engineering, design, mapping and procurement services for the pipeline and pump/booster stations, as well as:
- Geotechnical investigations and design for 49 horizontal directional drills
- Design of pipeline mainline valve and scraper trap installations
- Design of AC mitigation system
- Bulk material procurement including induction bends, scraper trap barrels, piping fabrication materials, cathodic protection test stations and AC mitigation materials, pipeline aerial markers and warning signs
- Preparation of construction bid packages
Being aligned with the client and having proven offerings helped the client address other important aspects of the project and its stakeholders.
Looking for effective solutions to your problems?
Turn to the experts at TRC.