As part of a network of nearly 7,000 consulting, construction, engineering and management service professionals, our Houston office leverages the 50+ years of TRC expertise and experience to implement innovative solutions.
TRC’s Houston office provides consulting and engineering services, such as air quality, permitting and licensing, ESG disclosures, transaction advisory and more. Through our REPOWER® program, we have over 40 successful decommissioning and asset recovery projects successfully completed. See our full complement of services here.
Our team of specialists provides the expertise to drive projects forward and meet federal and state requirements. Learn more about the services offered at TRC’s Houston office below.
TRC offers air quality services in Houston to help our clients meet their goals. We utilize the latest technology to bring a unique balance of expertise, experience, regulation and industry knowledge to all of our client’s projects. Our comprehensive air quality management services include:
- Air quality consulting: Improving air quality is essential to preserve the environment and improve human health. TRC offers air quality consulting services to help our clients keep up with the constantly changing laws and regulations federal and state governments implement. We can help navigate the complexities of the Clean Air Act with our experience, technical expertise and knowledge of new and existing regulations.
- Air measurement: TRC offers air measurement services using the best available technology to help our clients meet their project needs. We’ve been helping clients solve air pollution measurement challenges for over 40 years, utilizing our experience and expertise to provide high-quality services that help keep projects on track and in compliance.
- Indoor air quality: Testing indoor air quality ensures the health and safety of staff. TRC has experience working with indoor air pollutants, ventilation systems and the built environment, helping our clients identify and solve indoor air quality concerns. We utilize real-time air monitoring technology, inspections and traditional air sampling techniques to help clients reach their indoor air quality goals.
Environmental Permitting and Licensing
TRC can help clients gain their environmental permits and licenses in Houston to ensure their projects stay on track and comply with federal and local laws and regulations. We help our clients get their permits and licensure, regardless of whether their project crosses multiple jurisdictions or is a single site.
Our expertise allows us to identify the necessary permit requirements, opportunities for schedule advancement and environmental concerns to help push our clients’ projects along. Our team of land permitting and multimedia air experts can assist with project licensing, quickly identifying any local licensing and permitting requirements, scheduling opportunities and environmental concerns or solutions. We’ll also assist our clients with the review process and keeping the project on the expected timeline.
Our environmental and permitting services include:
- Air pollution control
- Historical land and architecture identification and cultural studies
- Environmental studies, which include water quality testing, wildlife and endangered species identification and local natural resources measurement
- Permitting for federal and state agencies
Our goal is to assist our clients with moving their projects into construction as soon as possible, supplying the appropriate strategic insight to help them obtain any necessary licenses and permits.
More industries are shifting toward cleaner fuels, efficient power technology and renewable energy in Houston to improve sustainability and reduce the greenhouse gas effect. As a result, fossil fuel plants have become less feasible in the current economy. Owners and investors are looking for economic and safe ways to decommission their fossil fuel plants to optimize the value of their assets.
TRC offers the RE POWER® Program, which helps owners safely decommission plants as they reach the end of their life, utilizing various methods for asset recovery to optimize ROI and assist the local community.
Utilizing our integrated approach, TRC can help our clients get the most value out of their property while reducing potential risks and costs. The transformation process of the power plant is as follows:
- Phase One: First, we help our clients by strategically creating a plant transitioning plan to use the power plant property and electrical infrastructure. We will also start creating the decommissioning plan, which includes pre-demolition, safety procedures, asset recovery, permitting and more. TRC will handle planning and conversations with regulatory agencies and stakeholders.
- Phase Two: Next, we’ll begin the decommissioning stage, which includes demolition, removing any hazardous waste and redevelopment planning.
- Phase Three: Finally, we help our clients repurpose and reuse their property. The site is repurposed to assist the community and for potential commercial sale.
We guide our clients through each stage and help them develop a plan for repurposing their assets, whether they want to begin immediately or sometime in the future. TRC’s RE POWER® program helps clients make the most of their assets for retrofit, redevelopment and retirement.
ESG and Sustainability Advisory
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) matters are essential considerations for any owner or investor to protect and enhance their asset. There has been an increasing demand for transparency and accountability, which is where the need for sustainability and ESG disclosures originates.
Many variances exist on what to include in disclosures based on industry, including what needs measurement or management. The variables that determine what to have in an ESG disclosure include the geography, operations and specific sector of the asset.
TRC’s ESG and Sustainability Advisory Services help clients manage growing concerns regarding carbon emissions, environmental justice, biodiversity loss, diversity and inclusion. ESG disclosure guidelines aim to address these concerns to help create a decarbonized and circular economy. Some of our ESG and sustainability advisory services include:
- ESG risk screenings and due diligence
- Strategic planning and development, including assessments, reporting and benchmarking
- Mitigation of greenhouse gases and strategic planning to reduce the impact on the environment
We help our clients assess and understand ESG objectives utilizing our expert strategies, helping them meet growing demands for disclosure and communicating their results.
Transaction Advisory Services
TRC’s Transaction and Advisory Services help our clients conduct transaction due diligence and assess opportunities for post-acquisition value creation. Our experts have extensive market skills, subject matter knowledge and liability management experience to help our clients make informed and timely decisions throughout the process of a transaction. We have over 30 years of experience providing transaction advisement across all sectors, including gas and oil consumer products, pharmaceuticals and real estate.
Our transaction advisory services include:
- Environment, health and safety (EHS) and oil and gas due diligence
- Integration support and port-transaction planning
- ESG and sustainability risk screenings
- Cost modeling
- Liability quantification
- Global delivery
All TRC Services
Our more than 7,000 consulting, construction, engineering and management services professionals serve a broad range of public and private clients, guiding complex projects from conception to completion to help solve our clients’ toughest challenges.
TRC also specializes in:
• Advanced Energy Solutions
• Digital Solutions
• Environmental, Health and Safety Management
• ESG and Sustainability Advisory Services
• Infrastructure Services
• Power and Utilities Solutions
• Regulatory and Environmental Compliance
• Renewable Energy Development
Primary Office Address
14701 St. Mary's Lane
Houston, TX 77079
Trust the Consulting and Engineering Experts at TRC
Contact us today to learn more about our consulting and engineering expertise.