Asbestos abatement involves removing asbestos and mitigating the associated risks. Sometimes, abatement involves sealing it off rather than removal. Abatement starts with inspecting the area, marking off the asbestos hazards and informing building occupants to leave until the process is complete. Asbestos removal can only be conducted inside a “regulated area.” The regulated area is sealed with polyethylene sheets sealed with tape.
Caution signs are placed at the entrances to warn people that asbestos fibers may be released inside the containment. HVAC systems are sealed to prevent the dispersal of fibers throughout the building.
TRC Companies will monitor removal projects and conduct visual inspections and air sampling to verify that fibers are not released from the regulated area.
Benefits of an Asbestos and Lead Abatement Services Plan
A professional asbestos and lead removal plan improves the results of the abatement process. Benefits of receiving professional abatement consulting from TRC Companies include:
- Efficacy: Our asbestos and lead experts understand how to coordinate an effective abatement plan. Asbestos require careful handling during the removal process. Abatement also involves efficient coordination across organizations. A comprehensive removal plan includes thorough sampling that promotes more effective abatement.
- Safety: Safe asbestos and lead removal involves specialized techniques and equipment only available from a professional. In some cases, environmental factors create additional safety concerns. TRC Companies can assist with bid management to help you find a contractor that uses reputable removal methods.
- Cost: Asbestos abatement involves federal regulations and protective measures that result in higher costs. TRC Companies can help you manage these costs through bid management and careful project planning. Our consultants know how to plan a project that reduces costs without compromising results.
- Compliance: The federal government has multiple rules and regulations regarding the handling of asbestos waste. These regulations can vary depending on the building type and location. At TRC Companies, we have licensing in multiple states. We will develop a project that ensures your compliance with all relevant regulations.
Asbestos and Lead Abatement Project Design
We develop Asbestos abatement projects for commercial, educational and industrial facilities. Our initiatives help our clients limit and contain exposure during demolition and renovation projects. The TRC Companies team specializes in abatement for occupied facilities that protects occupants and improves efficiency. At TRC Companies, we have experience managing large-scale abatement projects for prominent clients.
Complete Asbestos Abatement Oversight
After we design an asbestos and lead abatement project, we conduct environmental quality assurance monitoring. Our industrial hygienists oversee the removal process in partnership with contractors. These oversight services include:
- Resolving issues in the interpretation of regulations and specifications
- Conducting air sampling to identify any contaminant releases in work areas
- Monitoring contractor’s compliance with regulations and project specifications
- At TRC Companies, we specialize in complex Asbestos abatement projects. Our team has the experience and resources to manage large-scale projects, such as power plants. We can also handle projects involving sensitive occupancies for facilities such as schools, hospitals and offices.
Asbestos Air Clearance Testing After Abatement
Once your contractor completes abatement, we will complete air clearance testing. Our analysts test the air and environment for Asbestos to ensure the work area is suitable for re-occupancy.
Our Asbestos Maintenance Services
Our operations and maintenance programs enable facilities to better manage contamination sources. Our services for operations support include:
Two-Hour Asbestos Awareness Training
Under OSHA requirements, certain employees must receive an annual two-hour training on asbestos. If your staff could come in contact with asbestos-containing materials, they must take part in this program.
We work with you to create tailored asbestos training that helps your staff manage asbestos in your building. Our two-hour asbestos awareness training covers topics such as:
- The background and health effects of asbestos
- Locations of asbestos-containing materials in your building
- How to recognize deterioration and damage in these materials
- An overview of your organization’s operations and maintenance program
Comprehensive Management Programs
Our team can customize a Asbestos management program to meet your needs and help manage and monitor the asbestos levels in your building. Your operations and maintenance program may include elements such as:
- Reporting and monitoring requirements for materials that contain lead or asbestos
- Procedures for communicating hazards to staff and contractors
- Training requirements for employees who handle lead and asbestos-containing materials
Asbestos Emergency Response Plans
An emergency response plan prepares your staff to respond promptly to any lead or asbestos release and reduce the risk of exposure. Our experts will help you develop an emergency plan that includes strategies for isolating, cleaning and inspecting the affected area.
Why Choose TRC Companies for Asbestos Removal Project Design?
As a regional leader in workplace safety, TRC Companies helps organizations promote safe conditions. Clients choose TRC Companies for abatement planning because of our:
Our experience with Asbestos abatement includes small and large projects. Completed projects in our portfolio include some of the largest abatement projects in Philadelphia. We also have experience with operational budgets as high as $8 million. At TRC Companies, we specialize in abatement in occupied facilities and removal planning for large-scale demolitions.
TRC Companies technicians have a wide range of health and safety professional certifications, including:
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) certification from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene
- Asbestos Analysts Registry membership from the American Industrial Hygiene Association
- State-specific certifications for Asbestos management
- Asbestos Project Designer and Building Inspector certifications from the Environmental Protection Agency
We believe in maintaining strong professional relationships to provide you with comprehensive safety services. Our partnerships allow us to design projects that meet your needs promptly and effectively.