ABB Solar Facility: Engineering, Procurement and Construction
When ABB wanted to showcase their products within the United States by installing a 1.29 MW ground mounted solar system at their Belton, South Carolina facility, the company turned to TRC for help under a compressed timeline. Our full range of engineering, procurement and construction solutions included:
Detailed engineering and design plans from site characterization to calculations for pile/pole racking assemblies; drawings for the AC collection layout and trenching, single line diagram, wire feeder schedule, grounding plan, and grounding details; and electrical supporting calculations for voltage drop, wire capacity, conduit size/fill, cable pull, transformer/equipment sizing, and short circuit analysis.
- Sedimentation and erosion control permitting; land disturbance permitting and building/electrical permitting.
- Geotechnical exploration and evaluation to identify soil boring locations, characterize the subsurface soils and inform the design of the solar foundation systems.
- Installation of a 3,400 linear feet of silt fence for erosion control; cleared, graded and seeded 7.2 acres across the facility site; provided wire, conduit and electrical equipment as specified; and installed racking, piles, modules, ABB inverters, conduit, wire and electrical equipment.
- Interconnection to the existing plant’s electrical system; testing and commissioning; training; operations and maintenance manual development.
- Project management and oversight from start to completion
TRC completed the project ahead of schedule, ensuring ABB could receive a utility rebate to offset costs.
Looking for effective solutions to your problems?
Turn to the experts at TRC.